WordPress started as just a blogging platform, however it has evolved to be used as full content management platform and much more through the vast library of plugins, widgets and themes. To install this wonderful platform on your Umbrella Domains account follow this simple steps:
- Log in to your UmbrellaDomains account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- Select the account or domain you want to manage.
- In the Featured Apps section, click WordPress.
- Click Install Now.
- Complete the on-screen fields, and then click OK:
- Domain — Select the domain on your account you want to use.
- Directory — Enter the directory after the domain name where you want to install WordPress. If you want the domain name itself to use WordPress, the directory field should only have “/” entered.
- Enter a Username, a Password (and its confirmation), and an Email Address.
WP will be installed to your UMBDomains hosting account with the options you selected within 24 hours (usually takes a few minutes). When it is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
To find product information, please see our web hosting page.
More about WP:
WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing and with fewer users than you can count on your fingers and toes. Since then it has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day. (Source WordPress.Org)
What You Can It For
WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins and widgets and themes, WP is limited only by your imagination. (And tech chops.) (Source WordPress.Org)